Last Revised: 6-16-2015
Information That We Collect or Receive
We collect and receive information from and about you by different means.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect the information that you directly provide to us, such as when you enter it on a web page, or include it in an email that you send to us. This type of collection often occurs through our business support processes, such as:
- Registration or Account Creation Processes, where we ask you to provide information such as:
- Contact info (e.g. name, email or mailing address, or phone number)
- Account Administration Info (e.g. user name, password, or security questions)
- Billing Info (e.g. credit card or other payment number, billing address)
- Purchase Processes, where we may ask you to provide your name and billing info
- Technical and Customer Support Processes, where we may ask you to provide contact info and information related to the issue you are contacting us about.
In addition, we collect the information that you provide by entering it into certain SNEI Network features. For example, when you want to post in a forum, you provide us the content for the post (which could contain personally identifying information) which we collect and then display for you on the forum. Likewise, when you use other features such voice or text chat, blogs, surveys, user-generated content, activity streams, or social media, we may first collect the information you enter into the feature.
Automatic Information Collection
We may also automatically or passively collect information about your use of the SNEI Network. While information collected in this manner is not typically personal information, we may combine it in ways that make it personally identifiable. When we do so, we will treat the combined information as personal information. For example, data collected in this manner may include:
a. Web browsing, network or service usage data, such as browser type, internet service provider (ISP), IP address, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data;
b. Network connected hardware (e.g. computer, gaming console, or mobile device) data, such as a unique device identifier, type, model, version, error related data, status, capability, configuration, functionality, performance data, and connection type;
c. Network connected software data, such as application utilization, game play, game or system video and audio, progress, utilization, performance, peripheral and device use, services requested and used, or content downloaded and viewed;
d. Physical or geographic location data, such as country, region, city, or latitude and longitude. For example, to provide location based game matching services, we may collect latitude and longitude.
e. Advertising data, such as display frequency, duration, location, or viewing software, location, or identifier.
Technologies used on the SNEI Network to passively collect such information may include:
- Cookies. Small data files placed on a devices hard drive.
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons, (also known as "1x1 GIFs" or "clear GIFs") may be included on our websites or in our e-mail messages.
- Embedded Scripts. Programming code that is temporarily downloaded onto a device, and is active only while you are connected to our website, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
In addition, the SNEI Network may use a variety of other hardware or software specific technologies that automatically collect information. (For example, a location based game might include technology that automatically determines the user's location).
Information We Receive From Third Parties
We may also supplement the information that we collect with information that we obtain from third parties. For example, if you link your SEN/PSN accounts to your game, social media, or other accounts, we may receive data from the providers of those accounts. Likewise, if other users give us access to their profiles, we may receive information about you if you are one of their connections or information about you is otherwise accessible through their profile. Alternatively, we may supplement the information we collect about you with outside records from third parties. We may combine the information we receive from these third parties with the information we directly collect, in which case we will handle it in accordance with this policy.
We use non-personally identifying information without restriction.
We use personally identifying information ("PII") in a number of ways.
First, we use PII for the purpose for which it was collected. For example, PII that you provide through any of our business support processes (including customer service) will be used to complete that process, and personal information entered by you through the features of our products and services will be used for the operation and delivery of those features.
Second, while we strive to minimize our use of PII, or otherwise anonymize or aggregate it before use, we may use personal information to:
- Send you marketing communications;
- Conduct demographic studies for marketing, sales, or product development;
- Provide requested products and services such as online video, music or video game services;
- Deliver contextual or targeted advertising;
- Understand and improve SNEI Network operations and performance
- Assist in customer service and transactions
Information Sharing and Disclosures
Information We Share
We may share your information, including your personal information, with other parties as follows:
- Sony. We may share your information within and among the Sony group of companies for purposes related to providing you with content, products, or services, including games, videos, music, software and software applications; community administration or development; to support various business processes; security; research and development; and so that other Sony companies may contact you about products, services or other offerings that may be of interest to you.
- Service Providers to Sony. With persons or companies we retain to carry out or provide support to business operations, including uses described above in the Information Use section.
- Law Enforcement, Judicial, Administrative, or Regulatory Disclosures. When we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure or that disclosure is necessary to protect or enforce the rights, property, safety, or security of ourselves or others.
- Business Transfers. In connection with sale of the applicable business, a portion of the business, or certain stock and/or assets, or a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, or other corporate change including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
- Third Parties. With third parties (with whom we use reasonable efforts to obtain their agreement to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of any personal information we share with them), such as:
- Third party providers of products or services that you subscribe to or access through the SNEI Network. For example, publishers of a game played on a network connected console.
- Third parties with whom we are jointly delivering services or features, such as sweepstakes, contests, promotions, or advertising.
- Third parties, who may contact you about products, services or other offerings that may be of interest to you.
Publicly Accessible Sony Social Features
Certain elements of your personal information and certain information about your use of the SNEI Network are publicly accessible to other users of the SNEI Network. For example: other users of the SNEI Network may be able to see your username; your profile picture (if you choose to upload a picture); and your user bio (if you choose to provide a bio). We may also publicly display other information derived from your activity on the SNEI Network.
Information You May Choose to Share
You have the option of sharing your personal information with the public or with certain third parties using features available on certain Sony products, services, and devices. For example,
a. Sharing gameplay video or screen shots with third-party websites or the public through a 'share' button on your game system.
b. Sharing information regarding your likes via 'like' buttons on our websites.
c. Displaying your real name or photograph within games.
d. Sharing your activities, including purchases, software used (e.g. games played), and content consumed (e.g. movies watched) with the public through activity feeds.
e. You may share personal information with others through chat, text, email or communications features.
f. You may follow a link provided on an SNEI website to a third-party website.
If you choose to "share" content or to otherwise post information from or via the SNEI Network to a third party website, feature or application, that information will become public and the third party web site may have access to information about you and your use of the SNEI Network. Likewise, other users may use these same features to share information about you. We are not responsible for how you use or publish personal data through these or similar features, or how third parties use the features to share information.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code section 1798.83 permits SNEI customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding SNEI's disclosure within the immediately preceding calendar year of that California resident's personal information to third parties and in some cases affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, contact us through the information provided below. Any such inquiry must include "California Privacy Rights Request" in the first line of the description. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the email address.
SNEI is committed to respecting children's privacy. We will not collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without their parent's consent.
With parental consent, we will collect, use and share information collected from or about children in accordance with the practices described in this document, with the following exceptions:
Information You Provide To Us:
- A parent only needs to provide limited information about their child (an email address and date-of-birth) to create a sub-account for their child. Providing gender is optional. Language, state, and country are added based upon the Master Account.
- Only with the parent's approval can a child add their name, address, or an online ID to their account.
- The sub-account's spending limit is set by the parent's Master Account.
Information You May Choose to Share
- A parent can control, through the 'restrict chat' setting on their child's sub-account, their child's ability to use (and share personal information through) text chat, voice chat, video chat, and other messaging features from communicating directly with other users in games, apps or via system software features. Please note that sub accounts can still A) send and receive predetermined text messages created by a game or app, B) create and see other users' in-game character names, designs, and clan titles, C) use communication services via the Internet Browser unless specifically disabled and D) communicate via system messaging on PS3 and PS Vita.
- A parent can control their child's ability to post or view user-generated content, including photos, videos, drawings, and content imported from outside sources (any of which might contain personal information) through the user-generated content control. (This will not prevent video capture of the sub account user's online gameplay).
When a parent allows their child's sub-account to participate in chat or user-generated content features, they also consent to SNEI sharing information with the publishers of the games, applications, or services that incorporate those features and the collection of information entered into such features by the sub-account (e.g. typing text into the chat feature).
If you discover your child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us without your consent, once we verify you are the child's parent, we will promptly: (a) provide direct notice to you indicating what, if any, personal information of your child has been collected and how it has been used or disclosed; (b) remove and cease the use of your child's personal information or other information from our database and (c) by notice to you, confirm compliance with the foregoing.
(For additional information on our parental consent and parental controls mechanisms, please refer to Section 2. Parental Consent and Parental Controls of the Terms of Service and User Agreement).
Your Choices and Controls
You have certain choices about how your information is collected and used. You can access, amend or have your information deleted through your account settings page. You can choose whether or not to receive marketing communications from us and our affiliates, or our marketing partners, through the following mechanisms:
- E-Mail Messages: Marketing e-mails contain instructions and a link that will allow you to unsubscribe from our marketing e-mails.
- Websites: You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications by un-checking the box indicating your preference at the place where your information is collected.
- Customer Profile: You can manage your marketing communications preferences from the Notification Preferences tab in your Account Settings page.
- Blogs, Forums, or Message Boards: to request removal of certain of your personal information from a blog, forum, or message board, please contact us as described below.
In some cases, your choices to change or delete information you provide may affect our ability to deliver our products, services, or websites, or your user experience. We may decline to process requests which are not otherwise required by law. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the SNEI Network and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out from marketing communications.
Consent to Transfer Information
The SNEI Network is operated in the United States and other countries around the world. Please be aware that information we collect, including personal information, will be transferred to, processed and stored in the United States and other countries around the world and, as such, courts, law enforcement, and other authorities in the United States and other countries may, in certain circumstances, be entitled to access your personal information. By using the SNEI Network or providing us with any information through the SNEI Network, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States and in other countries around the world, jurisdictions in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
Security and Retention
We seek to maintain reasonable security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized or accidental disclosure, access, misuse, loss, or alteration. Although we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information. There is no such thing as perfect security. We may retain information about you as long as it is necessary for us to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy. In addition, we may retain your information for an additional period as is permitted or required to, among other things, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements. Where required by applicable law, we shall delete your information when the information is no longer necessary or requested to do so. Even if we delete your information from active databases, the information may remain on backup or archival media as well as other information systems.
Changes to this Policy
By Phone at:
By Mail at:
SNEI, Consumer Services Department
6080 Center Drive, 10th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90045
In Latin America:
Brazil: 0800-880-7669 (from outside Brasilia)
Brazil: 4003 7669 (from inside Brasilia)
Chile: 800-261-800; (56)(2)7546333
Colombia: Bogotá: 3581251; Nacional: 01 8000-94-00-11
Costa Rica: 0-800-507-1007
Panama: 800-2050; 800-7669
Peru: 0-801-1-7000; (51)(1)511-6100
Additional Information About Certain Sony Products and Services
When you use the SNEI Network, additional privacy notices may apply.